Here’s my list of 10 Quirky One-Minute Hacks to be more productive and more fun in 2019.
1) Get 3 seats on airplane. Be the last person to board the flight and keep walking until you find a row with 3 empty seats (usually at the back). Since you are the last person to board, you know there is no one coming behind you. Take the seats, take off your shoes, turn on a movie, and have a business class experience 😉
2) Turn on “Lower Power Mode” on your smartphones once the battery reaches 50%. You will get a full day worth of power time back without any noticeable performance loss.
3) When buying anything from the street shops, ask for price and act surprised at the quoted price. Even remark, “Woah, too expensive!”and look disinterested. Shopkeeper will end up negotiating with himself/herself, and 9/10 times, quote you a discounted priced immediately.
Here’s the full blog post on How To Save 40% Costs While Traveling Through 1-Minute Negotiation Technique.
4) Carry 1.1 L water bottle with yourself and aim to finish 3 of these in a day. You will feel you are drinking 3 L of waters a day, but that extra 300 ml excess will keep your skin fresh and acne out. (It really works! Don’t believe me? Try it for a week and comment below)
5) Put the alarm for either 6 hours later or 7.5 hours later. Most of us sleep in 90-min sleep cycles. If you wake up in between, you will keep rolling in bed and feel groggy.
6) Turn on airplane mode on your smartphone before going to bed and don’t turn it off until lunch. This will make your mornings 10X more productive.
7) Prepare 7 lunches in advance. Prepare one dish in large quantity for 7 lunches. Fill it in 7 lunch-boxes and throw them in freezer. Take 1 out each day, microwave and enjoy. It tastes as fresh as freshly-cooked food because of the immediate freezing after cooking. Making food choice everyday kills willpower.
8) Always use hair dryer with matte wax after shower (guys, it’s for you!). Your hair will have volume – just like every celebrity’s ever.
9) Delete bottom 20% of your Facebook friends. Go to your friend’s list. Scroll down. The bottom 20% never see or interact with your posts. Unfriend them. They are liabilities. Declutter your life.
10) Focus on looking in one eye, instead of shifting between eyes, when talking to people. It increases your dominance and influencing powers when telling someone something. Would the other person notice that you are fixated on one eye? No! Humans can’t look at the other person in both the eyes at the same time, so he/she wouldn’t notice the difference.
Here’s the full blog post on How To Make An Influencing Eye Contact While Talking To People